2/20/11

Meeting Date: 
Sun, 02/20/2011
Start and End Time: 
11:00 - 5:00 pm
Personnel Present: 
Alan
Personnel Present: 
Alejandro
Personnel Present: 
Chris
Personnel Present: 
Heidi
Personnel Present: 
Karl
Tasks This Meeting: 

Design new hand in CAD

Rewire motors

Mount sensor

Replace shafts

Reflections For This Meeting: 

Driving a robot that goes fast is FUN!

Today we worked mainly on the Driving Challenge bot, and the new hand design in CAD. On the hand we are adding two new options for aligning, and putting a new part on the top which is a wheel that will shoot the batons out of the hand as fast as we get them in the front.  This will allow us to empty the dispensers in autonomous mode quickly, and so we can cycle through until we find a magnetic baton.

 

A list of the tasks to be completed this meeting.

 

Karl experimenting with some options of being able to take batons directly from the dispenser and shooting them into the one point goal for extra points in autonomous.

 

We tried a bunch of different paddle thickness and sizes. Some worked better than others, but so far none are what we need. You can see the baton that we launched... not quite far enough!

We looked for a place to mount another gyro sensor to help with the autonomous control There were a lot of places that almost worked.  We laughed because what we count as a lot of space, others would not even see!

The second gyro sensor in place on the robot, mounted underneath the prototype board. Plenty of space!

 

Al desiging the new and improved hand in CAD to be printed out and designed in real plastic. 

The newer versrion of the driving robot, using a new front spinning wheel for precise turning.

The finished mini bot, with new suspension and front wheel.  We are using surgical tubing for suspension, and a new caster for the front.