12/26/10

Meeting Date: 
Sun, 12/26/2010
Start and End Time: 
3:00pm - 10:00PM ( plus 2 hours next morning 12/27/10)
Personnel Present: 
Alan
Personnel Present: 
Alejandro
Personnel Present: 
Chris
Personnel Present: 
Gavin
Personnel Present: 
Heidi
Personnel Present: 
Karl
Tasks This Meeting: 

CAD Update
Power to Samantha
Sensor Mount
Wiring Finish
Battery Holder
Mount Legs
Chain Tightener
Fix Field to work with Temp Walls
Programming
Rear Lifter

 

Reflections For This Meeting: 

 Wiring takes a long time, but Al does a really great job!

 

This was our first big meeting of winter break. We have a bunch of stuff that we have to get done and we made a list of things to accomplish on the white board (see last photo for 'before' and 'after')

We probably won't get to the plastic today, but hope to have the robot moving by the end of the meeting. Everyone will be here today, and Al and I will be spending the night - so we should be able to accomplish a lot today. 

Chris attaching the chain tightener for the chain that controls the hand moving up and down.

Chris is wiring the power cable for the samantha module, and Karl is attaching the IR seeker on the front of the robot in a discreet and hidden location.

Chris working on the samantha module power cable, and Karl attaching the IR seeker.

The battery holder in place, in the middle of Alice.  Putting it there was a bit challenging, but worth it to have the protected location and ease of access.

Al wiring the IR seeker, trying to find the best route to get it from the sensor to the sensor multiplexer.  You end up really wishing you had smaller fingers.

The list of programming tasks to be accomplished this meeting, and also some notes for the programmer (me).  There is also different autonomous missions that we will use for State competition.

Me working on the programming for the teleop including reading the prototype board for limit switches.  

Al ran the wires from the gyroscope sensor to the multiplexer.  We are using a gyroscope sensor and an accelerometer sensor, so we should be able to balance on the bridge automatically, and much faster.

I was very excited that we got our magnetic sensor working!  The pipe closest to the camera is the pipe with the magnet inside, and as you can see the lights are on, which will tell us during competition when we have a magnetic pipe.

 

The to do list at the beginning of the meeting.

 

The to do list at the end of the meeting.  We got a lot done!