11/26/10

Meeting Date: 
Fri, 11/26/2010
Personnel Present: 
Alan
Personnel Present: 
Alejandro
Personnel Present: 
Heidi
Personnel Present: 
Karl
Tasks This Meeting: 

Move the arm forward.

Switch the gearing to get better control.

Move the Pots to also have better accuracy.

Work on hand ideas.

Reflections For This Meeting: 

Currently things have been working all to well, so either its PTC or its a lot of luck.

We still do not have a hand finalized, and are still coming up with ideas for it. One of the big ideas is to use the idea of a locomotive oval rotary to linear action. We are focusing on that concept today, and know that we have to complete the hand pronto.

Using Lego gears to get our servos to have more speed for a new concept for a grabber.

Me holdinging up a test model of this design.

After making a quick program to test I was happy to find that with twin linked servos the gear train gave us twice the speed and kept the same amount of torque.

Holding this on the old hand to get a rough idea of what the new one would look like.

I ripped off the whole arm in preperation for moving it all forward to get more movement with our arm.

Getting a quick measurement so that I can begin work on new arms as our old ones won't be long enough any more.

Using locktite on all gears and things on the arm so that nothing comes loose on Alice's arm ever again.

Cutting the channel down to the right length with the proper tool.

Drilling the holes with our drill press to make sure they go perfectly straight through.

All the gear assembleys for the arm have been completed with lots of locktite, we used the rest of the bottle.

 

Placing the arm on with one of the gears to double check spacing. We also built this in PTC before hand to make sure things would fit, before we started ripping off everything.

With both arms and the gearing all on, now its all coming down to the hand.