10/29/10

Meeting Date: 
Fri, 10/29/2010
Start and End Time: 
3:30 to 6:30
Personnel Present: 
Alan
Personnel Present: 
Alejandro
Personnel Present: 
Chris
Personnel Present: 
Heidi
Personnel Present: 
Karl
Tasks This Meeting: 

Work on PTC, work on new wrist attachment.

Reflections For This Meeting: 

With everything on, everything just has to be tested, so that everything can be rebuilt to a newer better version.

This was a very short meeting, but we got a bit done.  Al worked in PTC and re-built the wheel base, and Chris worked with me on the hand, getting everything finished up and attached.

After designing a plastic part to work as  sheild for our wires and two of our motor controllers in PTC we printed it out. Holding up the cut out it looks to be the right size.

Al working on the CAD. He was workining on one of the wheel sets as the builders had just modified them again.

Working on the upper left cover to protect our samantha module and power switch wires. Using Kydex, our new favorite plastic, as its both easy to bend and doesn't break like our other plastics.

Working on the wrist and the hand, Chris runs into the problem of to small of a place for the nuts. Meaning he will have to take part of something off to reach where he needs to place the nuts.

Holding up the upper left cover to double check the spacing. With a cut-out for the Samantha module so we can see the lights and access to the wires and reset button to make sure that the Feild Tech can double check to make sure everything is ok!

With the arm running and the plastic on the robot sure does look intimidating.

Pulling the elbow we plan to place our new wrist and hand on it directly to have a much shorter upper arm. Allowing for our arm person to have more control over the arm.

Aligning up the numbers on our side pannels. We are using new numbers this year! Lets hope they bring us just as much luck as the numbers we have used in the past.

With the upper arm/ellbow removed we can begin mounting the wrist and had directly.

Our hope is this will lead to a much simpler design then before and let our robot be closer to the rolling goals and score.

All mounted on, now its time to test it!

Wiring things up already while also looking at the sizing, hoping we will fit into the 18" cube.

With the hand monted our robot is nearing completion, finally!

With everything in place all that needs to happen is running wires and mounting some more plastic. Of course then we have to test it and practice driving with it.

Up and running we now have to practice driving so that we can spot all of the minor errors in the programs and the flaws in the design.