Karl's blog

8/6/10

Meeting Date: 
Sat, 08/07/2010
Reflections For This Meeting: 

Sometimes the craziest of ideas end up being the best.

Drew out some idea's for a stance robot. The idea behind stance being that the robot can spin on a dime and dig into the tiles better when pushed from side to side.

 

4/8/10 - How to make a Paddle

Reflections For This Meeting: 

When programmers destroy stuff, they do it at the worst possible time...

At the "Last" meeting on Monday, during autonomous programming, our paddle broke... no problem - we put in the first set of spares that we'd built... big problem! They shot at three different strengths (one per paddle)... so we put in the second set -- almost the same problem! - Panic we need to make more paddles, and we don't have the plastic to do so! Read more »

4/5/10 Last team meeting before World!

Reflections For This Meeting: 

With a new strategy we were able to get 335 without ever shooting into the out field goal.

 With some Kydex we were able to fixing some of the jamming problems that were happening in our main storage chamber.

We had a round table discusing strategy and stuff that needs to be brought to Atlanta.

Chris, Melody, and Bailey, worked on the bill of materials Read more »

3/19-3/20/10

Reflections For This Meeting: 

Gears can look nice but just like everything else they can have some problems of there own.

Starting work on rebuilding our uptake as we were having some issues in the previous model with the chain. After trying many different chain tennsioner design we finally came to the conclusion that we need to yet again build a new and improved model. Read more »

2/23/2010

Reflections For This Meeting: 

Sometimes you have to do other upgrades to make the ones you want work.

After some intense driving and practice sessions we soon realized some flaws in our design. Luckily we were able to come up with some simple ideas that would fix these problems.

One of our problems was the uptake system was not going fast enough. Our shooter was firing faster then then the uptake so we were losing time as the balls had to travel up. A simple fix with some chain and sprockets as we geared it up 3:2 or increasing the speed by 50%. Read more »

Syndicate content